You'll be Thankful that you did your November Budget

 

You wouldn’t go to the grocery store without a list. You don’t typically cook or bake a new item without a recipe. So don’t go into a month blind without a budget. Especially the holiday months. Make a plan for your money and use it like you would list or a recipe. In order to make it effective, you need to stick to it about 95%. The other 5% you can add a dash of this or take that out, but then you’ll need to adjust for it somewhere else.

November will be here before you know it on Thursday, so take this weekend to do your budget meeting and get ready, get set, GO.

Thankful November

don’t forget these 9 items for your november budget

1) Travel. It’s inevitable for most families that there will be some extra travel required this month. Add in extra gas and also hotels and food if necessary for your plans.

2) Extra food budget. Even if you aren’t hosting, it’s nice though to take something to your host’s home. Check out this blog for idea’s that will impress without breaking the bank.

3) Christmas. We’ve been covering this since September, but if you haven’t started yet, NOW is the time. Check out this article to see other ways to keep your budget in check this season. And download THIS shopping list to help keep you on track!

4) Giving. Unless you’re deeply in debt, it’s a great month to increase your giving budget. First of all, they’ll be asking at every store, but second of all, it’s really nice to have planned for it and able to do so when your heart is tugged.

5) Winter clothes. Are the winter jackets, boots and snow-bibs still fitting from last season? Make sure you and your kids are ready for the colder weather because I think it’s about here! If you must buy new clothes, think about selling the old ones to put toward debt or remember the less fortunate and make a donation. There are a ton of coat drives this time of year.

6) Decorations for your home. Maybe you’ve moved into a new home or just outgrown your current decorations, but make sure you plan for it. Even if you’re an impulse spender, you can plan. Have a decoration category just in case you go to Michaels and you absolutely love everything.

7) Increased utility bills. I’m actually leaving this one in from October in case you didn’t adjust yet or missed it. The heat is officially on in our household and it’s not going anywhere until the spring. Set yourself up on budget billing if you can and it will help keep things more predictable throughout the winter.

8) Birthdays, Anniversaries, Weddings. Always be sure to double check your calendar of events and invites to plan ahead.

9) SALES. This is the month notorious for the biggest and baddest sales. You have Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. But don’t get sucked in for things you don’t need. I actually suggest you finish your shopping before Black Friday to help you resist the temptation to shop for yourself and buy things that aren’t necessary. Remember, it’s not a good deal unless you need the item. Have your gift recipient list on hand at all times and go in with a plan.

By creating a spending plan before the month begins, you’ll feel more in control of your money and you’ll have more left over at the end of the month! If you’re still not sure how to get started, click here to set up your FREE discovery call to see how I can help!